Saturday, November 17, 2012

Gangnam Style Door Decs

At ASU, new "door decs", as they are called, are supposed to be put up twice a semester - once at the beginning and once in the middle. This time of year came fairly recently. So, I am sharing the idea my co and I came up with with you!

At the beginning of the school year, my co-worker and I decided that we wanted our floor to be Mario themed. When it came time to change the door decs, we were sick of Mario. Something totally different is what we were shooting for.

At the time that we were doing door decs, "Gangnam Style" was a pretty big deal. If you haven't seen the video, you are missing out! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0) "Gangnam Style" was loved by so many that we had no other option but to use it as our theme for the new door decs.

Here is what they ended up looking like:


Overall, these door decs were fairly simple to make. I printed multiple copies of the Gangnam man and name box and then cut them out individually. Then, I backed each one with colored construction paper to make the door decs a little more visually pleasing. These door decs were extremely time consuming, but my residents got a good kick out of the new theme, so it was worth it to me.

*Note: The idea for Gangnam Style door decs was solely that of my co-worker. I simply created the decs.

No comments:

Post a Comment