Saturday, October 6, 2012

August, September, and October Bulletin Boards

Every month community assistants are required to put up a new bulletin board. Here are mine from the past couple months:

August
For August, I included information on my bulletin board that my residents would need as new students at ASU. This information included a map of campus, Welcome Week events,  dining hall hours, and upcoming deadlines for withdrawing from classes. I do not have a picture of this bulletin board because it was a plain one.

September
September was the first time that I was allowed to choose what type of bulletin board I would like to do.  As a sophomore, I am aware that when kids come to college, they have sometimes never experienced drinking. Although I do not condone underage drinking, I am also not able to control the actions of my residents. Therefore, I thought it would be beneficial to have a bulletin board that gave students facts about alcohol. The board featured various facts about alcohol, what a "drink" is, and a "beer pong" set up. I got the idea from a post on Pinterest. Here is a picture of the bulletin board I created:

October
2012 is an election year. Because November 4th is election day, I wanted to do a bulletin board pertaining to the elections in October so that my residents could be well educated about the issues and candidates before election day.  For this bulletin board I featured a color picture of each candidate, the dates of upcoming debates, and a table that outlines each candidate's stance on various issues. Additionally, I provided information about how to register to vote in Arizona and what to do if you are a student from out of state. Here is the board I created for the elections:


No comments:

Post a Comment